Our handheld device allows you to move freely throughout your treatment. Walk outside, gain new friends, watch a movie, solve a puzzle, or catch up on your sleep with a warm blanket – it’s more than just a treatment it’s a comfortable community with memorable experiences.
- Capture vital signs
- Identify glucose level
- Review medications
- Assess overall condition
- Review treatment
- Begin treatment or set appointment
- Prep – capture vitals, identify glucose level, review records, assess current condition, establish IV, perform metabolic measurement, pump set/started
- 3 Sessions – pump administers 10 pulses over one 1 hour followed by 40 minutes of rest to stabilize glucose levels, perform metabolic measurement, and adjust insulin and glucose amounts if necessary.
- Oral carbohydrates are given throughout sessions to maintain blood glucose levels and metabolic measurement.
- Glucose levels are taken approximately in 30 minute intervals or more frequently as medically indicated in patients with tendency for hypoglycemia.
- Upon completion, an evaluation takes place with discharge once stable.
Total investment – 3.5 to 4 hours per treatment